Saturday, September 9, 2023

Top Five Sources of News

Although I don’t keep up with the news as much as I probably should, I check a few places often to catch up on the latest information and hot topics. 
One of the sources I check is MSNBC. I primarily use it to find political news, as it is slightly more neutral on its views, rather than being extremely left or right-leaning. MSNBC also does a good job providing world news, and occasionally a celebrity news story. They bring sources to support their stories, and it makes it easy to do further research on a subject. MSNBC is found online and on television, which is where tend to check when finding their news stories. I understand that MSNBC can still have its biases, but I feel like it is a good starting point when I’m curious about larger-scale issues. 
After learning about an important issue, I like to see the different perspectives on it and how people are analyzing whatever has happened. So, I tend to check sources that I know are biased, particularly Fox News and CNN.
Fox News is the source that associates itself with the right wing, or the Republican political party. It also displays a variety of information, with the largest issues being broadcast on television. Besides political news, Fox also provides information about entertainment, sports, and media. Fox News is also very active on social media and online, which makes it accessible to many people. Because the news is filled with bias and prejudices, I understand that it isn’t the most accurate source of information. It is just fascinating to me to analyze the point of view that those people are sharing, and the evidence to support it.
CNN is a similar type of news source, just appealing primarily to people in the left wing or the Democratic political party. It also provides information on national and international issues, sports, entertainment, and more. From what I’ve seen from CNN compared to Fox, it tends to use fewer buzzwords overall in its stories. However, it still definitely displays its support with more left-leaning views. 
The Washington Post is another source that I check on frequently. It is a source that also attempts to keep a more neutral stance. It does require a subscription online for some content, so I can’t always access all of the information I’d like to find, but it still provides plentiful information. If I search for news online I often type in “The Washington Post” afterward, because people can find free articles pretty frequently. 
Lastly, because I’m on social media so often, I do find some of my news on TikTok. The content creator that I follow is named Marcus DiPaola. His content consists of short clips that have updated world and celebrity news. He includes the relevancy of the information, and more information can be found in the comment section of his videos. I appreciate this source because he simply states facts, and doesn’t slip in his own opinions or personal beliefs into the news. The person watching the videos can decide if they’d like to do further research or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post: Relationship with Technology

       I think my relationship with technology is relatively healthy, aside from the amount of time I spend on a screen. I can admit that oc...